Wednesday, February 18, 2009

One Day Project # 8




Yesterday I went up to our community clubhouse for my initial entrance into the Tues. afternoon quilter's group. I was delighted to find a half-dozen gals all sharing their projects and enthusiasm. They unlocked the cupboards and we had 'show-n-tell' so that I could see the numerous projects that they've created together -- for donation to a variety of charitable organizations. Wow. How do you spell impressive? Lots of seasonal wall-hangings & a number of crib sized creations, too..... some are for donation, other's to be sold with the funds being donated.

The best news is that there is a lovely library with a huge stash of quilting magazines and quite a few quilting books, which are available for loan! Yeeee Ha!!

In our quick dash outta OH I got my sewing machine & fabrics into the car, but neglected to bring any of my books. I borrowed a wonderful book filled with paper-piecing-patterns and came home and immediately got to work. The 'focal diamond' is from a pattern in Paula Doak's book and jiffed together fairly straight-forwardly. (I just had to remember how to follow a pattern. LOL.)

The last picture is of the two major segments, just plopped into their IKEA frame.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...