Friday, February 20, 2009

Paper Piecing Symposium







First I chose a 'pattern' from Carol Doak's book entitled: "Easy Paper Piecing Patterns". Then I traced over the pattern directly from the book: line by line onto the tracing paper. I used the pattern at 100% of it's original size. Then I number my traced pattern with the order of the pieces to be sewn (which is all outlined in the instructions in the book.) After that it's a matter of sewing the fabrics -- right sides together of course, DIRECTLY to the pattern. Follow the numbers, like a paint by number project...... trimming away any excess fabric as you go along and pressing each seam 'open' as you proceed. When you're all done, you've got a wonderfully precise square with amazing angles and points. Have I mentioned that I'm wild about paper piecing??

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...