Sunday, July 26, 2009

Plein Air Conclusion




I worked hard on my least favorite 'work' and got my SDE handout all finished, copied, and into the mail. So my reward was to get to see our aritists in action, one last time. Yesterday was the week's concluding paint-out at Clark Park, Fish Creek. All forty artists were gathered and ready to go at 9:00 a.m. and their brushes were fast and furious till the horn sounded two hours later. There were artists on the docks, in the gardens, down the alleyways -- where ever their muse led. Then all of the paintings were auctioned off to the public starting at high noon. (The artists had just a few minutes to get their work cleaned up & framed & on display.) The first painting in this series fetched the highest bid at $2100.... it was one of my top faves, too, painted by James Richards of Georgia. The second artist pictured here is Mary Ann Davis from Indy and the final fellow in this series is Chuck Marshall, fellow buckeye from Mason, OH, right down the road.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...