Thursday, September 3, 2009

Quotes, Daisies & Picasa


I am such a novice at so many things. I'm a complete techno-infant. I'm so 'green' when it comes to photography (as in unripe, incomplete, not as in an ecological reference -- not in this particular context.) What I don't know about blogging could fill an encyclopedia. Yet given all of those known factors, I blog on. I learn very slowly, by the seat of my pants, with experience and numerous edits I continue. I think that it's safe to say that the first year of my blog-travelogue-diary was for my own self amusement. Now granted my mom read regularly and I had 3 official followers and generated about six comments in a twelve month period and managed to attract a devoted reader in Lisa, but somehow that's not enough. Now I want to flex my muscles and take another quantem leap.

With the addition of my widgit and the techno-knowledge of Facebook's NetWorkedBlogs plus some pleading on my part, I now have 57 'followers' and I feel a great deal of responsibility. What does this forum offer our gathering? Where might I head as scribe-du-jour? Trust me, I take your follower-ship very much to heart and am grateful for your trust.

I'm absolutely wild about this particular daisy. I took it's photo a few days ago over at Rowley's Bay, on a VERY blue sky, bike ridin' sort of a day. The photo of the flower is against the actual un-altered sky of that particular afternoon. (I promise I don't have Photoshop -- and most of you realize that I wouldn't have a clue how to use it.) In any case, the curve of that stem just speaks to me, sweeping across that vast stretch of ocean blue only to explode with those amazingly white petals. Wow. When I developed the film..... just kidding..... when I downloaded the images, it danced for me.

Quotes and bumper stickers have also spoken to me over the years. I just came across the thought above, again, in my inbox. What I can't get Picasa to manage, is to add the attribution of it's 'author' in a smaller type face. This thought is attributed to David Viscott. I plunked around for quite a while, in an effort to have two different text boxes, of two seperate type sizes, but alas couldn't pull off that technological effort. Despite my shortcomings, I do think it's the perfect marriage of image to philosophical thought. I hope that it makes you stop & think.... do that whole 'perspective' taking exercise and smile the next time you see a daisy or David Viscott or someone who loves you or someone that you love. If so, then my efforts will have certainly been worth the investment.

"To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides." -- David Viscott


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...