Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Pathology's in: HURRAY!!!



"Oh, my friend,
it's not what they take away from you that counts ---
it's what you do with what you have left."
~Hubert Humphrey
[Received today via Louisiana email. Thank you Pat McD!]

The news is in!!! I have received word from my surgeon that my surgery was completely successful and my pathology report has arrived. It's all good news. GREAT news in fact.

All of the cancer was DCIS "in situ" which means 'contained.' NOTHING invasive. NO surprises. This is all the very best of all the very, very best.

I am aware of just how very fortunate I am. I am keenly aware in fact. Perhaps just a smidge too keenly aware, as the case may be.

Periodically I slip into the quagmire of 'survivor-guilt' over how I could have won the lottery twice, to have this 'early/easy' diagnosis. There are tens of thousands who will not receive such a good prognosis with their reports thru the coming year. I have my brilliant mentor, "Saint" to help me keep things in perspective and offer me the permission-to-celebrate.

I have been given another new chapter. A new opportunity. Won't it be fun to see what I can do with this part of my journey?
*******The pictures are from the pink tulip arrangement that my daughter Sarah hand delivered on my first evening home from the hospital. I have always liked the color pink.... in fact I don't think there's a color that doesn't make my heart sing. These make me think: HOPE & SPRING -- all good things to keep in mind.

3 comments:

  1. Happy happy joy joy joy!!!
    I just KNEW Louisiana would love you:) We've got big hearts! And you've just walked right in to them:) I love you Faithie.....so so so very thankful for your positive results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to hear your news. God has bigger plans for you for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent NEWS - so happy for you! NED IS A GREAT GUY!

    ReplyDelete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...