Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Tall Giraffe Comes "Home"




Once upon a time there was a Children's Librarian named Nancy. Some of her best friends called her Fancy Nancy, only because she is capable of THE most amazing acts of kindness and generosity with seemingly little effort. It was Nancy O'Connell of the Schaumburg Public Library that wiggled me single-handedly onto the program of ALA (American Library Association) in New Orleans several years ago. It was Fancy Nancy who has been responsible for my appearances at her library's family story-time, thru the years. It was Fancy Nancy who put together evenings of staff development periodically for Chicago-land PreK & K teachers. All of these acts of great vision are worthy of a prize to be certain, but Nancy's real "gift" to me has been her love of my song "Tall Giraffe." It was Nancy alone who urged me to create a book from my call & response sing-a-long. It was Nancy periodically dropping me an email saying one of her patrons wanted to check out a copy of "Tall Giraffe" and how was the project coming along?? It's truly a gift to have such a benevolent supporter. It has been a real treasure to get to know her as the decades roll one into the next. She's a marvel. She's a blessing. I'm a fortunate person to have such a champion in my back court. I know you are just as proud of Tall Giraffe, the picture book as my own mama. Thank you Nancy. And by the way, you make THE VERY BEST buttermilk pancakes ever!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...