Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Book Signing: D. Clement




There are so many avenues for the receiving of feedback when on this amazing journey. I love getting emails from folks who have just "seen" me for the first time. Now I have FB for fan exclamations, complete with pictures on occasion. There's the glow in a teeny preschooler, who starts squealing with glee when they're given permission to jump. There's passing a mature first-grader in the crowded elementary hallway that says, "I remember you from last year!!" There's the waving hand that DEMANDS recognition and a kingergartner who blurts out mid-song, "We-sing-your-song-at-my-church!" as though it's one long word of enthusiasm. There's the having your adult daughter drive you to a conference in another state........ but there is just something all together unique and affirming about a book signing on a college campus. Signing your books in the presence of a Caldecott winner signing hers, just send chills of affirmation thru my body. What a great day in the neighborhood. Being an author/illustrator is one thing, but signing your books for new admirers is on a whole 'nother level. Sometimes I just have to squeeze my lips together really tight, so my eyes don't start leaking.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...