Saturday, May 29, 2010

Kindergarten




My fabric quilt illustrations for my picture book, "You're Wonderful" always make quite a stir in the kindergarten classroom. They guess and guess how I made the illustrations, what media I used. Their typical guesses are paint, crayons, colored pencils, markers, and occasionally something more obscure like tissue paper or cra-pas. Very, very seldom do they ever guess that fabric is involved. When I pull out the original pieced quilts their jaws drop. They are amazed!! YOU made those? YOU did that? How long did it take? One of the kindergartners asked how much money it cost to buy all of that fabric. An economist in a small body. I love their questions.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...