Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Univ of MD: Recital




Literally the minute after we (insert: Allen) had everything packed up from OAEYC we (insert Allen) started driving east. We stopped at the house to switch out my car for the UHaul and continued heading east toward Maryland. Noelle had selected the date for her doctoral recital based on my availability a million moons ago. Little did we know all those months back, what would transpire between then & now. All the more reason to appreciate this event.

For those of you readers who are not of the classical mindset or experience, the first picture is Noelle playing her oboe -- the initial, instrumental, love of her life. The second shot is her accompanist and good friend -- with a bit of a view of the stage area. The next is a shot of her with the English Horn, certainly not to be confused with a French Horn or a bassoon. It has a much deeper/fuller/lower sound. I really shouldn't allow my memory to report on how many years she's played the English Horn. I'll ask her for the specifics, but it is a relative new-comer in her career..... not like in the last year or two, but not forever either.

In any case the evening was both a delight and thrilling, if that's possible. The best part is that I am no longer the least bit 'nervous' for her and can listen with appreciation. Of course I report this from a completely unbiased vantage point, just that of a proud mama-bear. The program selections were diverse and amazing. IMHO. The final picture in this group is her dear professor and mentor, known to one and all as Prof. He 'discovered' her all those years ago, in a summer program & recruited her to U of MD. I think he's pretty proud, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...