Thursday, July 1, 2010

N'burg Brass Band








This is an amazingly talented 13 piece group that performed at our quaint little village bandshell gazebo. Their performance is set in the year 1910.... with references throughout the concert to the history of that era. We have a weekly village concert and this is just the start of the season. Good times ahead. What is really amazing is how life imitates art, or in this case maybe it's art imitates life?

Give me a couple more days and I'll let you in on what I've been working on for the last week or so. Think gazebo. Think brass band. Seriously. What a hoot. My fifteenth quilt for my upcoming "Red, White & Blue" picture book is seriously coming together and was doing so happily -- even before the Newtonburg Band came to town. They have certainly inspired me to keep moving forward on this phase of my effort. I'll show you, just as soon as there's some more progress. Only in Sister Bay can you listen to a brass band from 1910 in top hats and coat tails and watch the girls walk by in their string bikinis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...