Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Asking for Help

Have I mentioned that I'm really excited about the release of my new book? Have you caught on that I'm REALLY excited about the advent of it's arrival? Do you know how truly THRILLED I am to have gotten this baby nearly birthed?? This is the awkward time between having approved the proofs for printing and not yet holding it in my hands. There was a huge sigh, when all was finally approved and now what?????

As a self-published author ready to unveil a third book, I know how this has gone in the past. My crazy, unbelievable expectations and then the blinding stark cold truth of reality. I have no budget, no people, no expertise, no marketing skills...... so I have just 'hoofed' the book from one early childhood event to the next -- hoping for word-of-mouth to be my friend. Those that have found me often love me, but what about the rest?

This time, I am absolutely bound & determined to harness whatever strength I can muster to make a bigger splash. I'm going to ask for help. I am going to beckon the universe to provide guidance & direction. Voila. Here's evidence of progress in that regard. Thru a delightful serendipitous bounce on FB, my dear Team January member Robin, announced an upcoming "writers workshop" that promised to help get your work 'out there.' I got all psyched, but alas, I will be in Kansas when Robin's hosted event takes place, but Robin sensing my deep need for these skills contacted her friend Cheryl Moeller : stand-up comedian on motherhood of Mom Laughs, and published author, from ol' college days, and found that Cheryl was leading a similar seminar in Chicago.

We rearranged our return trip from Door County to Ohio -- which has to go RIGHT thru Chicago and TA DA!!! Here's our little think-tank, tapping into Cheryl's expertise, advise and guidance, receiving individualized tutoring and guidance. Ask and you shall receive. Now to follow through. Now to use these baby-budding skills of mine. Now to continue to listen for guidance and follow thru. Having a dream is one thing. Having a dream & following thru is all together different. Here's to doing things differently! Here's to learning new skills. Here's to taking action!!

"All big things in this world are done by people who are naive and have an idea that is obviously impossible."
-- Dr. Frank Richards (1875-1961) English Writer

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your book! It looks wonderful. I wish you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your encouragement. It's been a long time in the making. I can't wait to hold it for the first time.

    Yes, it's somewhat like a newborn.

    I am in the midst of heavy labor and eager.

    ReplyDelete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...