Wednesday, October 20, 2010

ELA Library, Lake Zurich




As I travel about, on some happy occasions I get to "meet" my fellow BCO sisters. What a thrill to put up a post on Facebook that I was headed to Chicago-land suburbs to share my songs at libraries, and then to receive the news that LauraGTO lives just a heartbeat away from the Ela Library in Lake Zurich. We started plotting immediately to get together. I was sooooooo excited to have sweet Laura putting my event on her calendar. I was soooooooo excited when she walked into our workshop space. I was so excited to get a hug-in-person. I was so excited to put a face to a name. I was so excited to get a super condensed version of her journey while I finished pre-signing some of my books. I was so excited, I forgot to take a picture of the two of us together, smiling. Bummer. Super crummy buttons.

Imagine my excitement to download the shots and find that Kay, the Children's Librarian in charge, had captured the two of us in one shot. Not exactly the photo I wish I had, but at least some evidence of our being in the same room at the same time. I'm the one in the striped green tights, Laura's the one in the bright orange sweater having fun! I can't wait for feedback from Laura as to how she implements using my book as a prompt for projects in her teaching young children about art. How amazing does Laura's work sound?? I look forward to learning more of her first life in arts/advertising&marketing morphing into directing children with art materials. What a great way to contribute.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...