Saturday, March 12, 2011

Lorain Co. Comm. College




One of the best things about having a dream and pursuing it is watching seedlings planted previously coming to fruition -- right before your very eyes. As I finish up year #15, I ponder all of the truly amazing opportunities that I've had and those hovering on the horizon ahead. What I LOVE doing is getting to return to sites where we have had fun & games in the past, where I know the folks in charge & what they are capable of pulling together.

Here we are on the campus of Lorain County Community College. A special grant was written to create this evening of fun on behalf of families from across the county. The evening is an evening of parent education and I am one piece of the puzzle. We get underway with a brief sing-a-long with families all together. Then once everyone is comfortable, the parents depart for two workshops on topics of their choosing. That leaves the children with me in the lovely conference room, under the direction of college students from LCCC and visiting college students from Ashland University, a tad down the road.

We have enough college students in preparation to pair up with the children one-on-one. Take a look over our shoulders at the fun prior to the parents return.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. It sure was fun and games! So glad to have had you again and can't wait until our next fabulous family night... because we HAVE to do this again, of course! :)

    ReplyDelete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...