Monday, May 30, 2011

Head Start Happiness!

















"To love what you do and feel that it matters--
how could anything be more fun?"
--Katherine Graham

Truer words have never been spoken! I do indeed LOVE what I do!!! I absolutely feel that it/my work, matters..... in fact I KNOW that it matters!! I have listened to brain-research doctorates expound on just why my work is critical to young children. I'm not sure there actually is anything else that could be more fun, or more worthwhile? I love being invited into a classroom of children and having the opportunity to 'work' with them and see how excited they get, how easily they are engaged and how dramatically they become immersed in our time together. I love watching the teachers watch their children. I love looking at the photos after the fact and witness all over again just how much fun was had by all.

One of the universal early childhood early-learning content standards and goals, [no matter where you live, no matter your job description, no matter if you are the mommy or the teacher or the college professor of early childhood education,] is that we want the child/children to attend to the adult, to listen and to follow directions. Looking at these photos weeks weeks later, I can see again how these children gave me their full and complete attention and see how they followed my lead. Look at all of that eye contact. Look at all of those listening ears following my verbal instructions. Look at all of that bodily control. Yeah rah!!! Yeah team!!!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. They LOVED you. We were singing your song for the rest of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been blessed with this wonderful talent that helps educate children and adults of all ages. That you love what you do just makes it that much better. Thank you for spreading that love here in Titusville Florida. You made a memory for some very lucky children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you to two of my best cheerleaders!!! Now I just need to find some more places to visit in FL. It's time to expand my fan club.

    ReplyDelete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...