Sunday, August 7, 2011

Contest Announcement









While I'm still attempting to get the spring-time back-log for all of those end-of-the-year visits I made wrapped up and added here to my diary, I want to take the time to announce that I am going to host my first ever blog 'linkie-party' later this week. I will be giving away 11 signed copies of my newest picture book, "Red, White and Blue" to be mailed to the lucky winners, in time for use & incorporation with classroom observations for the 10th anniversary of September Eleventh. I have asked several of my blogging buddies to host 'reviews' of my Indie Award winner at their sites -- in an effort to help build awareness of my project to other educators. I am sooooooo over-the-moon excited at their willingness to help.

While my book, with its CD recording included was motivated by the events of 9-11, the song & book would be terrific to have in your classroom library for use on Veteran's Day, Memorial Day, Flag Day, Fourth of July and other such occasions of celebration and reflection. There is no 'overt' reference to 9-11, more a community song to be used for civic pride. Civics for the primary grades!

This is all scheduled to roll out first thing Thursday of this week. I'm very excited!! Hopefully I can figure out what a linkie-party is by then!!! I will count on everyone tweeting and linking, posting and entering-to-win. Be thinking of patriotic crafts that you may have documented on your blog, in your camera, to link up! Meanwhile enjoy these kinder-smiles.

***Winners for this first ever event will be held to the United States, for ease of getting the books shipped in time for use mid-September. I promise, the next hoooopla will not have this restriction. Remember, with me, its always baby-steps!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. How exciting Debbie! I know you can do it!

    Vanessa @pre-kpages.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vanessa. I'm counting on your cool, calm head (and guidance) to pull this off. Thanks for believing in me!!!

    I finally just install an RSS button this afternoon......... teeny-tiny progress, but dedicated to figuring it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, what a great site! I will be sure to come back and visit! If you get a chance check out AUGUST 2011 BLOG HOP over at www.reasonablyless.com we would love for you to link up!

    Rachel
    www.reasonablyless.com
    “Mommy freebies, coupons and Advice on using coupons”

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel, thanks for coming by and letting us know about your site. I am so glad to be getting connected to other bloggers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a neat idea. It seems like tons of work, but something you are passionate about. Good luck!

    Lauralee, Switching Classrooms

    ReplyDelete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...