Tuesday, September 13, 2011

What I did This Summer.........



This summer my main focus has been to genuinely work at figuring out how to get my blog connected to a wider reading audience and to work at improving its quality. To that end I now have a blog button! I now have 10 tabs across the top! I have a blog header!!! I have interviewed my first author, Connie Dow!!! I have joined Pinterest in a BIG way and as of this moment have nearly 4,000 'pins' to all sorts of links categorized by my song topics.


I have started a fanpage at Facebook and would encourage everyone to pop over there & 'like' it -- so that you get the newest & latest adventures of my travels. Do you know what workshops I'm offering for the public?? Stay connected thru FB. Oh. And I'm now in Twitter and have joined a Tribe of like minded folks who work with children. My Twitter name is Kweezlequeen, but if you really want me to find your message, please send me a FB message or email. Twitter is still a tad beyond my grasp: LOL.


And now? NOW!!! Today -- I have JUST TODAY, with the help of fellow blogger Carolyn Wilhelm figured out how to upload a pdf to Google docs, so that I now have the beginning of a resource library of 'freebies' to help support those who are using my materials. My first experiment was to upload the couple pages from Zaner-Bloser, that they had me include this summer as part of my SDE (Staff Development for Educators) handout at the national "I Teach Kindergarten" conference out in Las Vegas and full color, too. I've double checked with them & they are delighted to have me continue to share the handout with my peeps. People who are brand new here may not realize, but Zaner-Bloser has commissioned me to create two full recordings for them for their programs on behalf of children.


[One of my remaining efforts? I'd like to be able to include a 'screen shot' at times like this, but that's a whole 'nother series of lessons.]


After I got the ZB handout uploaded, then I went on to get an 11 page handout from my all day workshop earlier this summer. It will be especially helpful for you because it includes mini book lists/bibliographies to library & trade books by topic for the expansion & implementation of my songs. Whoooohoooo!!!! Whooohoooooooo! I'm trainable! (Well with Carolyn's help & direction. LOL.)


****Oh..... and I started painting a skirt. One skirt from T.J. Maxx. One paint brush. Acrylic paint. Let the painting begin. I have now finished 6 panels of the skirt, painting every other one..... so I have the front finished. The vest is pretty awesome, too -- if I do say so myself. We're talking super-festive, Debbie Clement. Wait till you see this ensemble!


Let's get started on some new goals!! I long to have a blog roll and I'd love to have a 'squorl' of blogs. Patience grasshopper. Patience. Everything in due time.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. You've been busy!!!! Kudos on all of your accomplishments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, dearie!!! And right back at cha!! Thanks to you, I'm much better connected and swimming in the right stream.

    You've had an amazing summer, too!! Let's hear it for us!

    ReplyDelete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...