Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Fall's Feathered Friends

Shapes and little fingers!!!
Geometry unfolding right before your eyes!!!

This is such a 'simple' idea.
Maybe that's why it 'works-so-well.'

Obviously you could switch the construction paper color.
I can envision a whole flock of spring birdies --
with bright happy colors.

Keeping the idea so simple will immerse the children in the focus of the shapes themselves. This is such a perfect project for very young children to begin to be exposed to geometry, form -- the world of math!!

Take a look over my shoulder, visiting the amazing new center in Powell, OH: "Big Hearts, Little Hands" as I document the shape-work, collage fun-for-fall unfolding in the toddler room. I'm in love with Pinterest for affording me the opportunity to share artwork and other ideas from my "music-lady, author/illustrator visits to early childcare centers and elementary schools."

-- Debbie --
I've added this to the first linky party over here at Toddler Approved!
You really must get over to the linky at Montessori Now for all sorts of pumpkins.

This post has now been added to Deborah Stewart's linky, bloghop on
Everyday Math. Her post is truly FILLED with math ideas and the blog hop takes you to DOZENS and DOZENS more suggestions from other blogger.
Click here.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. I love all shape collages Debbie:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute bird. Might have to add this to my lesson plans coming up. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deborah & Brenna. I'm so grateful to have the "Pinterest-motivation" to document the various 'goodies' that I see on my school visits. This one is so simple, but simplicity always works for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great extension to early geometry activities, Debbie! I love that a geometric shapes activity tray could be created with different variations throughout the year. Your Pinterest boards are fantastic! I love that you're sharing so many resources you find through Pinterest! I featured your post at the Living Montessori Now Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/LivingMontessoriNow

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're the best, Deb. Simply the BEST!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree with Deb. Great idea!! Thanks for sharing this over at our Best of October link up! I love shape activities/crafts. Such a great way to pair language learning and creating!

    ReplyDelete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...