Friday, November 11, 2011

11-11-11 Veteran's Day


 VETERANS DAY! 11-11-11
It's such an honor to be associated with the observations that are going on today, this week and this month to reflect on the sacrifice and dedication by so many to the ideals of our country. I am humbled. I am also tickled to be called a "human sparkler" (more on that later.... tee-hee.)

Becoming an author/illustrator has literally been a dream come true. To have my children's songs-as-books used in schools across the country for days such as today, is truly beyond my wildest dreams. To know that my "Red, White and Blue" is being performed for Veterans and PTAs, in pre-schools, elementaries and libraries is simply amazing!!

[I realized that I had a back-log of 'art responses' made by children in ancipation of my various author-visits. Today's the perfect time to comb thru my files and share. ]


It's a huge honor to open my email and to read at my Facebook fanpage the messages coming in from teachers. 

"Hey, this is your friend from Louisiana that asked your permission to use "Red, White, Blue" for our Veteran's Day program for our 64 Kindergarteners!!!!
WE will be performing it tomorrow, will send you pictures, and a copy of the dvd.
THANKS for allowing us to share it with our school and Veterans!!"
 --------------------------------------
"You have no idea how wonderful it would be to project the pages of your book behind the children as they sing! Keep working on that idea!"
Ohio

-----------------------------------------
"We are working on a little slide show/video piece of the kids doing the signs...we want to add bits of the kid's presentation as well as parts with the kids and their parents in uniform... a special Veteran's day observation. We usually have parents from most of the services. If it all works out (sometimes our projects do...sometimes, well...)
I will certainly get it to you.
Texas
------------------------------------------------

What could be more heart warming than a hand painted flag from a child's heart? 


"Thanks for loaning us your song. I've made a project to go with it. I've made about 200 'books' of all my favorite songs. The children love to put on the CDs and sing along with the books in our Literacy center." 

"I don't know who enjoyed you more: the kids or the staff!?! Thank you so much for coming to the Preschool and sharing your books. We would LOVE to have you come back. We will use "Red, White and Blue" for our own patriotic occasions, with Veteran's Day coming up next".   -- Colorado





"You are one knock-out storyteller, writer, and singer, and a veritable human sparkler. It's a treaure to use your book, "Red, White and Blue" for our upcoming program. May all that positive energy that you send out to the rest of the world find its way back to encircle you."    -- Chicago librarian



There you have it. Yup, you read it correctly: ME = Human sparkler.
I am the poster child for many things: baby steps, perseverance, hangin' in there. Seeing my work rippling out across the country? Priceless.
Contributing to Veteran's Day observations?
               What comes after PRICELESS???
***Since everything I do is a 'word-of-mouth' enterprise, its especially helpful when you share my link/my work/my blog/my projects/my fanpage with your circle of influence.
*****Here's my blog post: "Freedom Isn't Free" about the military service of my 2 sons-in-law & my dear husband written for the Fourth of July.
*****Here are my blog posts about my s-hero, Carie the Kindergarten teacher + her service in the Army + her time in Iraq, before making the 19 foot quilt  with her K-kiddos in reference to my book.
****And here's the blog post where I attempted to explain the rest-of-the-story about "Red, White and Blue" in anticipation of today.  

Thanks for stopping through. Thank you for honoring our families who have served and for including support for our families who serve now. Thank you also for support of my work.
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...