Saturday, January 7, 2012

Wrapping up: Reggio Remembered


                   It's time to wrap up my Reggio images. My memory card is nearly emptied....

[Reminder: I took all of these photos last spring, during my amazing European Author Tour to four US Army bases as a portion of their "Month of the Military Child" celebrations. Two of the bases were in Italy, with one base just about 90 minutes away from the most amazing field trip of my life!!!! An entire day spent touring two brand new national ECE Centers in the province of Reggio Emilia, Italy. We were able to tour the two programs in exchange for my performing for the Italian children.]

There were drawings everywhere...... and I do mean everywhere. Hallways were filled to the brim with bulletin boards of every sort of artwork imaginable.

How cute are these 'numerals?'
A few more collages of one amazing day of observation!!

 Spring Easter Celebration: assemblage of snippets!




 It's time to conclude these flashbacks. Wrap it up.
 I want to share some random images from around the building.
Large motor room rocking horse parade + climbing block structures. 
An entire box of over a dozen 'play' irons.
Little napping bunks: like the Seven dwarfs in action.


One final set of images: ceilings, floors, recycle bins.

It was the day of a lifetime.
It's such a treasure to re-live it here with those of you reading along.

*****If you are interested in seeing all of my posts that show the various details of this amazing day, they are all catalogued under the label "Reggio" and you can click right here to bring all of the articles together at one time.... for your reference and inspiration.


I've added this post to the Thrifty Thursday link-up!

3 comments:

  1. `I went to college and that what we based everything on was the Reggio Emilio! Its great to see your blog and bring back sooo many memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JILL!!!! Thanks so much for leaving your comment. My comment do-dah widget thingy went missing for a while. I have able to fix it last night and now I can see it's working! YEAH!

    Reggio was such an awesome opportunity to see first-hand. Glad you found me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really interested in Reggio and will be looking into it more - I love the range of art work on display for me one of the most important things in my classroom and learning environments have always been displays on the wall whether pictures, photos, paintings or even 3d art work and displays.

    Thank you for sharing on the Kids Co-op

    ReplyDelete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...