Wednesday, May 29, 2013

End of Year Song for Graduation

photo of: Kindergarten Excellence "Classroom Crashing" via RainbowsWithinReach

Welcome to Rainbows Within Reach! 
Look at that RAINBOW! 

photo of: "I Am" Bulletin Board in Response to "You're Wonderful" by Debbie Clement

AUTHOR ILLUSTRATOR SCHOOL VISIT

There is an amazing and supportive network of Kindergarten bloggers who teach me so much. I'm so grateful that  they allow me to be their mascot. I am so motivated to go to their classrooms and visit. Yesterday I was fortunate to make my way to the school of Nancy Messenger and Heidi Feskanin. 

They had a GRAND reception awaiting my arrival. Heidi's class had launched their year by using my picture book, "You're Wonderful" and had this HUMONGOUS bulletin board above their windows for the entire school year. How appropriate that I got to come and visit and they were able to share their amazing classroom creations with me, just before their Kindergarten Graduation. 

photo of: "I Am" Bulletin Board in Response to "You're Wonderful" by Debbie Clement

Look closely above, their rainbow is made out of colorful hearts. 
photo of: Kindergarten "Wonderful" Mosaic in Response to "You're Wonderful" by Debbie Clement
"I think you're wonderful"  I am wonderful. 
It's such a joy to visit schools and see how the teachers direct the children in response to my work. My song starts out, "I think you're wonderful." Don't you love this language acquisition exploration? 

photo of: "I am caring" in response to "You're Wonderful" by Debbie Clement

photo of: "I am special" mosaic kinder response to "You're Wonderful" by Debbie Clement

Take a look at just a few of the 'mosaics' that were created in response to my book. This is a PERFECT blend of fine motor activity coupled with early literacy! Wonderful and marvelous are vocabulary words from the text of my song and book..... LUV LUV LUV all of these other favorite descriptive words! 


Here's a view from across the classroom, to see just how GIGANTIC this bulletin board really is!!! We're talking super-duper, gynormous, over-sized, incredible HUMONOGO! It literally goes from wall-to-wall! What a great backdrop for an amazing year! 

photo of: Bulletin Board for Kindergarten Graduation at RainbowsWithinReach

The song version in Mp3 format is now in digital form at our 
and also at

photo of: "You're Wonderful" by Debbie Clement Digital Download Available Now

While we're in Heidi's room, let's take a quick peek around to see some of the other kinder highlights. 
Here's their Chicka-Chicka-Tree! 

photo of: Classroom Tree for "Chicka-Chicka Boom Boom" at RainbowsWithinReach

I had an earlier RoundUP of Trees in the classroom. 

photo of: Trees in the Classroom (RoundUP via RainbowsWIthinReach)

Their word wall. 

photo of: Word Wall for Kindergarten at RainbowsWithinReach


photo of: Word Walls in Elementary School: Sight Word Presentation on Bulletin Boards Round-up via RainbowsWithinReach

Their teacher appreciation quilt!!!! 

photo of: Teacher Appreciation Quilt via RainbowsWithinReach


photo of: Quilts in the Classroom: Art Meets Geometry RoundUP at RainbowsWithinReach

Now, here's the three of us together. 
Left to right: Happy Heidi, Marvelous-MOI, and Nifty-Nancy! 
We're standing in front of their collaboration for my newest picture book, 
"Red, White and Blue."

photo of: "Red, White and Blue" Collaborative Quilt at RainbowsWithinReach

I'll share some close-ups of the art amidst the stars and stripes in my next post. The pencil drawn designs are incredible! 


As always, I'm so grateful for your pin -- that's how people find me! 
-- Debbie -- 
Follow Me on Pinterest
I'm now at 122,351 followers!     
Click this link to go there directly! 
Pre-K, Kindergarten, First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth - TeachersPayTeachers.com
Now at 358 followers!


This article was added to Deanne Davis Back to School Linky for picture books. 

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...