Sunday, November 3, 2013

Veteran's Day Observance

Veterans Day Observation through Writing and Art via RainbowsWithinReach

VETERAN'S DAY Observance in the Elementary School 


Veteran's Day Observance: Elementary School Style Salute via RainbowsWithinReach

Look at this hallway display to honor our Veterans.
I've been saving these images from Friendswood, Texas, from my author-illustrator visit there this time last year, just after the holiday.

The students had created a garland of stars...... 
each uniquely decorated and specifically honoring family members and friends by name and some with their branch of service. 

Stars to Honor Veterans: Elementary Style Salute via RainbowsWithinReach

Stars to Honor Veterans: Elementary Style Salute via RainbowsWithinReach

Stars to Honor Veterans: Elementary Style Salute via RainbowsWithinReach

Stars to Honor Veterans: Elementary Style Salute via RainbowsWithinReach

My song, written immediately after 9-11 is very patriotic in nature 
and appropriate to honor our Veterans and their service.
I get the best emails about how this song has been used
at this time of year.  

Quilt Illustration from "Red, White and Blue" by Debbie Clement

I just went over to TeachersPayTeachers
to put it on sale for the next several days. 
Save 20% off the digital download version!!


Zipped Digital File: "Red, White and Blue" Patriotic Song by Debbie Clement
Click pic to go directly to Teachers Pay Teachers




I have a pinboard on Pinterest, literally filled to the brim with all sorts of patriotic ideas..... just click the image above to be transported to all things Americana. 


Listen in as these enthusiastic Kindergarteners sing and SIGN to my song. They created the backdrop quilt over several weeks of 'marble painting' on construction paper. They have their own label here on my blog, "Carie's Kindergarten."   

My picture book version of the song is filled with flag and flag like images. I created the illustrations out of fabric as small quilts. My school visits are often awash with quilted collaborations in response to my work. 



Two of the quilts in my book are based on my sons-in-law, each wearing their uniform. 
Pictured coming home for Thanksgiving is my son-in-law Scott, who is actually deployed as I type. The plan is that he will indeed be home in time for turkey later this month. 

photo of: Quilted Picture Book Illustration for "Red, White and Blue" by Debbie Clement

My other son-in-law is Zac and he is in the Navy band, 
permanently stationed in Anapolis. 
If Scott was going to be honored forever, then Z needed his own quilt, too!

photo of: Quilted Illustrations for Patriotic Picture Book "Red, White and Blue" by Debbie Clement 



Even at this late date, my song is so simple, 
you can teach it one time and perform it the next. 
It's a classic 'zipper' song -- where everything stays the same and only one word changes from verse-to-verse! 
{You zip-off one word and zip-in the next!}

See what others have to say about this resource: 

Teacher Feedback on "Red, White and Blue" by Debbie Clement

I'd LUV LUV LUV to hear from you if you incorporate my song into your school's patriotic festivities.

By all means, I am grateful for every social share and pin! 
You become part of my word-of-mouth advertising
and I'm forever grateful! 




Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...