Thursday, May 22, 2014

Chickens in the Classroom: Craft + Reading

CHICKENS: Crafts, Projects, Bulletin Board and Anchor Chart Poem at RainbowsWithinReach

THE CHICKEN AND THE EGG! Which came first?

End-of-year author-illustrator school visit celebrations are my favorites! Everyone has had plenty of time to prepare for my arrival and all of the classes are eagerly looking forward to our fun together. I always look forward to the WELCOME I receive!

Debbie Clement Welcome for Author-Illustrator School Visit


If it is EOY, then you can bet there have been chickens incubating in classrooms and lots of chicken projects are going to be on display in the hallways. You've got to adore this first 'EGGciting' bulletin board with 3D chickens scruntched together from brown paper bags! These chickens were on display in Indiana. There kinder chicken studies were filled with rigor and excitement.


"We are so EGGcited!" 3D Chickens from paper bags on Bulletin Board at RainbowsWithinReach

I knew that you would want a close-up of this fun project! 
Here ya go! 

"We are so EGGcited!" 3D Chickens from paper bags on Bulletin Board at RainbowsWithinReach

Paper bags. Paper plates. 
Take your pick. 
These classic ingredients give everyone a sense of success. 

Kindergarten Chicken Project made from Paper Plate at RainbowsWithinReach

Kindergarten Chicken Project made from Paper Plate at RainbowsWithinReach

I absolutely ADORE this POEM! 
I think that it was actually written about me
I usually feel like I'm pecking around and attempting to figure out the next step, usually somewhat in the dark and mystified by the outcome. 

What a clever anchor chart version to bring the sentiment to life! 

"The Chick" Anchor Chart Poem in Kindergarten via RainbowsWithinReach

Next up are some paper plate chickens from Tennessee. 
Another variation on the theme. 
Anything with a hand print involved makes for instant engagement. 

Chickens made from Paper Plate and Hand Print Feathers via RainbowsWithinReach

While I'm downloading these recent spring chickens I'll include a couple of other glimpses from my day's visit in Indiana. Seems like everyone has had plenty of spring rain. This is a great way to incorporate the names of all the students in the class within the pocket chart reading experience. 

I need to add this image into the earlier RoundUP of 

Springtime Anchor Chart with Kindergarten Names via RainbowsWithinReach

UBBER Cute Bulletin Board Title. 
So appropo for spring. 
My #4 article of all time is a collection of Bulletin Boards

Kinder "GARDEN" Bulletin Board: Where Minds Bloom and Grow via RainbowsWithinReach


I went through and pulled some of my "old" chickens out of moth balls. 
These next images are reruns from earlier springs. 

Hand Print Chick for Cutting Practice via RainbowsWithinReach

Kindergarten Chicken Drawings Labelled via RainbowsWithinReach

Hatching Eggs in Kindergarten Poster via RainbowsWithinReach

Chicken Life Cycle Poster via RainbowsWithinReach

Kindergarten Writing Assignment: Rhymes with Hen  via RainbowsWithinReach


Kindergarten Authentic Art for Classic Rhyme via RainbowsWithinReach

Kindergarten Authentic Art for Classic Rhyme via RainbowsWithinReach

While I was getting oriented to the building and getting settled in, 
I got to overhear the kinder teacher 'discover' the delightful Mother's Day bookmark 
was still tucked in the kinder-boy's back pack. 

Which gave me a chance to catch a quick pic for you. 

Mother's Day Book Mark with Finger Print Flower in Rhyme via RainbowsWIthinReach

I was in this exact building two years earlier. 
The teachers have 'upgraded' this bookmark project by inserting the student's photo 
as the centerpiece of the flower! 

Mother's Day Rhyme via RainbowsWithinReach
Sorry this is outta focus, but I think you get the idea! 

LUV how ideas evolve over time! 
Here's the shot I captured a couple of years back. 

photo of: Mother's Day handprint rhyme, poem for Mother's Day, craft gift for Mother's Day

Here we are in one of the THREE different buildings of the day! 
Yes. This was a first. 
The public library's friends organization underwrote me to make presentations in 3 different schools! 
COLLABORATION! 

Why. Yes. I am starting to make plans now ~~ 
for NEXT year! 

Warming up the Crowd for Author Illustrator Presentation with Debbie Clement



Follow Debbie Clement on Pinterest
Click Pic to go to my nearly 30K PINS! 

Follow on Bloglovin


Pre-K, Kindergarten, First, Second, Third, Homeschooler - TeachersPayTeachers.com

Debbie Clement's End-of-Year PERFORMANCE Songs in Digital Download
I have two different songs PERFECT for End-of-Year Performances! {Click picture} 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...